Thursday, January 14, 2010

Struggle towards Joy

I have felt so loved in the past few days.I'm not just talking about all of the free food that I've been given this week, but it helps. Really, it is in all those that have pressed on while I have been unsure of when or how or where the support was going to come in. It is from all of the wonderful people who have continued to pray for this ministry and my journey to New Zealand, all of my friends and even acquaintances who continually ask me how support is going and how I am doing. I take all of you with me!

I am all packed, although I may have to rearrange some things. The only difficulty I have now is saying goodbye to the wonderful people that the Lord has literally placed in my life these past few months. I have had so many unexpected friendships and true, deep connections with people that I have only recently met. I came to Cincinnati thinking that I had failed, and I am leaving realizing that failure is exactly what I needed to feel. It forced me to rely on the Lord, to find joy even when I couldn't feel valuable by my own effort.

And now a dream is realized. I leave for the Land of the Long White Cloud at 6:30 am this Saturday. It's only beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment