Saturday, April 17, 2010

Australia

I recently returned from a brief trip to Australia with one of our students, Adele. We were welcomed to Melbourne with open arms by the Student Life Staff Team and stayed in a student flat for free. It was an amazing display of biblical hospitality, and for that I am so grateful!

Some highlights of the trip: seeing how the students in Melbourne take so much ownership of the ministry, spending quality time with Adele, seeing all of the cool buildings and alleyways in the city, but especially driving along the Great Ocean Road.

In my journal I wrote:

" I feel God here, under the lush canopy of the eucalyptus leaves, their scent magnified by the freshly fallen rain, the golden rays of sunlight peering through, and then round the corner the ocean roars as it rolls and breaks at the shore. There is a peace and a joy here that I only feel on such rare occasions, and it wouldn't be enough for me to look at the ocean and cry out 'what a great ocean you are!'. No, my reverence is deeper because that ocean was created by a personal God who knows me and loves me. That mighty, terrible ocean is at the will of an even mightier and lovelier God. My God, who cares for me.

Psalm 93:3-4
The floods have lifted up, O Lord,
the floods have lifted up their voice;
the floods lift up their roaring.
Mightier than the thunders of many waters,
mightier than the waves of the sea,
the Lord on high is mighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment