Sunday, April 4, 2010

Stepping out

Now that the ministry is up in place things are really starting to flesh out. Here is an idea of what my week looks like:
Leading 4 bible studies
Discipling 4 student leaders out of those studies

Often we will find students who are sitting around on campus, reading the school magazine, usually just bored, wanting someone to talk to, so most of my time in between appointments and studies I spend just talking to random students. It's really evident, in talking to these students (mostly first years who are commuting) that so many people do not know anything about Christianity here. It's amazing how asking a few simple questions and listening to the answers can really mean to someone. I've already met two young women with whom I want to continue building into our relationships. Both of these were from using Soularium, a creative tool designed to help students articulate answers to tough questions by using pictures. Each time I use this tool, I ask questions about faith and spirituality, and then ask the student if I can share with them what I have found to be true in my walk as a Christian.

Some will reject the message, some will want to know more, and for some it will be exactly what they need to hear in that moment. I am simply called to step out in faith and initiate conversations, walking in the power of the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment